The Greater Taree Access Advisory Committee exists to promote universal access for all people in all areas of life including recreation and leisure, employment, transport and the physical environment. The committee makes recommendations to Council to ensure that access for people with disabilities or mobility issues are adequately considered in planning and development of public buildings, roads, footways and public space.
For further details of the committee purpose and delegation refer to the Committee Appointment.
- GTCC Councillor (Chairperson)
- GTCC Traffic Engineer
- Disabled Groups or Service Providers Representative
- Aged Care Services Representative
- Australian Pensioners Association Representative
- Guide Dog Association Representative
- LungNet Representative
- Mid North Coast Heath Service Representative
- Disabled Person’s or Carer’s Representative
- Community Representatives
The Access Advisory Committee meets every two months on the second Tuesday of the month, commencing in February.
Requests from Members of the Public
If you have a matter you would like considered by the Access Committee, submit your request in writing to Council’s Traffic Engineer via email@example.com