Former Greater Taree City Council's Policy Framework provides a guide for how we develop and approve policy. It:
- lists all Council and Administrative policies;
- provides guidance for the development of GTCC policy, guidelines and procedures; and
- is a helpful resource when considering whether policy, procedure or guidelines are required.
Council policies are those that:
- state Council's position on an issue;
- provide guidance to ensure consistency and transparency in decision-making; and
- are adopted by Council following consultation with the public.
Administrative policies are those that provide direction to staff relating to operational activity and are approved by the General Manager following consultation with staff.