Are you thinking of purchasing or opening a hairdressing salon or barber shop?
There are some important things you need to know.
- If it’s a new business or if you are planning a re-fit, you need to submit a development application, even for a home business.
- Your premises must be inspected by one of our environmental health officers before you can open.
- If you are purchasing an existing approved business, you need to notify us of the change of ownership.
- You need to know about hygiene standards and infection control practices to keep both workers and clients safe from infection. See NSW Health’s Fact Sheet for Hairdressing and barbers
- You need make sure you comply with the Local Government Regulations 2005
Contact us for more information on starting your business.
Do you have a concern or complaint about a hairdresser or barber?
If so, please contact us.
We will need to know:
- the name and address of the salon or shop;
- the date and time of your visit;
- what you had done; and
- what you are concerned about.